RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE YOUTH COUNCIL
- Members of the Local Board with special interest or expertise in youth policy.
- Representatives of youth service agencies, including juvenile justice and local law enforcement agencies.
- Representatives of local public housing authorities.
- Parents of eligible youth seeking HELP under Title I of the Workforce Investment Act.
- Individuals, including former participants, and representatives of organizations, that have experience relating to youth activities.
- Representatives of the Job Corps, as appropriate to local area.
- Optional members including individuals as the chairperson of the Local Board, in cooperation with the chief elected official, determines to be appropriate.